Are you looking for a career as an Estimator/Project Engineer? Are you self-motivated, a quick learner, driven, organized and possess excellent multi-tasking skills?
If you are, we are currently seeking an individual to fill an entry-level Estimator/Project Engineer position for our family owned and operated asphalt paving company in Lafayette, California.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of industry standard paving practices, including production rates, contractual documents, site plans and drawings, specifications, soil reports, etc.
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Analyze and compile estimate data to ensure accurate and timely proposals/bids
- Analyze and evaluate bidding risks and strategies before presenting proposals/bids
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project sites when requested to bid on projects as well as meet with homeowners, general contractors, vendors, etc.
- Seek out alternative solutions to increase competitiveness of proposals/bids
- Determine and coordinate all material, equipment and labor needs for each project
- Coordination of all sub-contractors
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, vendors, staff and crew
- Safety Management
- Engage and maintain healthy client/vendor relationships to increase estimate/bid opportunities in our local regional markets
- Ability to travel to various Bay Area locations as needed
- Must have excellent driving record
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary will be based upon experience.
Contact us for more information.